Review of the Xiaomi Mi 10 phone
The new Xiaomi Mi 10 is already on sale in the market (not to be confused with the Mi 10 Pro), it offers a strong «iron», good cameras and a large battery. But let’s understand more and look at the test results, which will give a clear idea of what is Xiaomi Mi 10 and whether it is worth taking at all.
- Housing: Gorilla Glass 5 back and front, rounded edges, metal frame, splash protection
- Screen: 6.67”, Super Amoled, 2340×1080, 19.5:9, 386 ppi, 90 Hz refresh rate, support HDR10+
- Processor: 7-nm Snapdragon 865 + adreno 650 graphics
- Memory: 8/12 GB RAM + 128/256 GB disk, type-UFS 3.0
- OS: Android 10 + MIUI 11
- Rear camera: 108 MP, 1/1. 33”, 0.8 µm pixels + optics with stabilization and f/1.7 aperture; wide-angle camera 13 MP, f / 2.2, fixed focus; macro camera 2 MP, f/2.4 + depth sensor 2 MP, f / 2.4
- Front camera: 20 MP, f / 2
- Video recording: 8K/30 FPS, 4K/60/30 FPS, Full HD 30/60 FPS
- Battery: 4780 mAh, 30W fast charging, support USB Power Delivery fast charging, 30W wireless charging, reverse charging
- Connection: 5G, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, Wi-Fi ac / ax, Dual GPS, USB Type-C 2.0, IR port
- Other: dedicated stereo speakers, optical fingerprint scanner under the screen
- Package contents: transparent silicone case, 65W charger, cable for connecting to the charger, 3.5 mm Jack adapter
Testing the display
The main feature of the screen on the new Mi 10 is the refresh rate of 90 Hz. This is a Super Amoled matrix with a Full HD resolution and a pixel density of 386 ppi. The resolution is not the highest – competitors have higher resolution, but you can’t see the pixelation on the screen.
- Max. white brightness: 854 CD/m2
- Max. black brightness: 0 CD/m2
- Contrast: ∞
- Minimum color rendering error DeltaE: 1.7
Test results indicate that the screen on Mi 10 is good. The smartphone is also certified to play videos with HDR 10+ (Widevine L1 DRM support level). This means that any streaming services will be able to give you high-quality video with HDR, but the other thing is that they are rarely used
Battery and autonomy
The Xiaomi Mi 10 has a battery capacity of 4780mah, and this is even more than the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro. In any case, we are primarily interested in testing results.
- Continuous conversations: 26: 53 h (screen off)
- Wi-Fi web surfing at 200 CD/m2 brightness (90 Hz): 14: 44 h (15: 24 h at 60 Hz)
- Video playback at 200 CD/m2 brightness (90 Hz): 18: 57 h (21: 29h at 60 Hz)
- Charging speed: 20% in 30 minutes, 53% in 30 minutes, 91% in an hour, 100% in 1 hour and 12 minutes
Xiaomi has done a very good job of optimizing power consumption, making the Mi 10 one of the most Autonomous flagships on the market.
The Mi 10, unlike most other flagships, has full-fledged stereo speakers. In the GSMArena test, they showed an excellent result. Below is a screen from the test, the closer LUFS is to zero, the better:
Processor and performance
One of the key features of the flagship is the Snapdragon 865 processor with an X55 modem that provides connection to 5G networks. Of course, this will be useful in the future, but not today. Also Snapdragon 865 is equipped with 8 cores: 1xKryo 585 Gold 2.84 GHz + 3xKryo 585 Gold 2.42 GHz + 4xKryo 585 Silver 1.8 GHz. The adreno 650 coprocessor is responsible for the graphics, which is also quite powerful.
Processor testing results are below + comparison with competitors.
GeekBench 5.1 (multi-core):
- iPhone 11 Pro Max (Apple A13 Bionic) – 3503
- OnePlus 8 Pro (Snapdragon 865) – 3374
- Xiaomi Mi 10 – 3322
- Huawei P40 Pro (Kirin 990) – 3197
GeekBench 5.1 (single-core)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max (Apple A13 Bionic) — 1332
- OnePlus 8 Pro (Snapdragon 865) – 902
- Xiaomi Mi 10 – 895
- Huawei P40 Pro (Kirin 990) – 780
- Xiaomi Mi 10 – 578056
- OnePlus 8 Pro (Snapdragon 865) – 573276
- iPhone 11 Pro Max (Apple A13 Bionic) – 536883
- Huawei P40 Pro (Kirin 990) – 496356
Xiaomi Mi 10 delivers the highest performance results. It is in the top League along with the Top flagships of other brands.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 has a Samsung Bright S5KHMX ISOCELL camera with a resolution of 108 MP. This is a large 1/1.33 inch sensor with 0.8 µm pixels. It is used together with a lens with stabilization and an f/1.7 aperture. the same basic sensor is used on the Mi 10 Pro, but there is also laser focusing.
The lack of a telephoto camera was a disappointment, but the wide – angle camera remains – its resolution is 13 MP, the optics are f/2.4. The rest of the cameras – the macro and the sensor depth.
Naturally, when shooting during the day, the quality of photography is high: the level of detail is impressive, the dynamic range is wide, the colors are accurate, and the contrast is high, but the noise occurs in an area of monotonous sky or grass. The smartphone also demonstrates high-quality shooting in low light, but these are all subjective assessments.
Mi 10, like Mi 10 Pro, can record videos in 8K/30 FPS resolution. Of course, other popular modes are also available: 4K at 60/30 FPS, Full HD at 60/30/120/20 FPS. Moreover, shooting from the main camera in 4K mode is conducted with optical and electronic stabilization; the video quality is generally high. Sample videos below:
The Xiaomi Mi 10 is a great flagship that is worse than the more advanced Mi 10 Pro with only a camera. But it is cheaper, and there is a high-capacity battery inside, and this is with the same physical size of the smartphone. In Russia, the device costs 54-55 thousand rubles, and you can safely take the phone for this money.
- Design and housing made of Gorilla Glass 5, there is protection from splashes
- Fast and accurate fingerprint scanner in the screen
- Smart OLED screen with 90 Hz refresh rate
- High battery life + fast charging with 30W adapter included
- Cool stereo speakers and high quality sound
- Snapdragon 865 + 5G
- High quality photos and videos from the main camera
- There is no full protection from water IP68
- No body camera and optical zoom as a result. There is a 2x zoom, but this is a crop from the main camera
- The wide angle camera is weak in poor light
- The quality of shooting on the front camera is mediocre